Re[2]: Strunk & White Online

Subject: Re[2]: Strunk & White Online
From: KnoxML1 <KnoxML1 -at- TEOMAIL -dot- JHUAPL -dot- EDU>
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 1995 09:51:48 EST

Jay and Christy--
It is unlikely that _The Elements of Style_, by Strunk AND White
(with the White part included) is on the Web. E.B. White's introduction
& editing of Strunk's 1919 book are the main reason the book is such a
treasure, but White's estate still owns the copyright, not doubt.
Strunk's original 1919 version is probably in the public domain by
now. The Columbia site Jay lists has just that--Strunk's original "little
book"--without White's marvelous introduction and editorial comments. The
version edited by White is still in print, is still a "little book," and
is well worth the price; the publisher isn't likely to make it available
for free any time soon...

Margaret
margaret -dot- knox -at- jhuapl -dot- edu
________________________________
Subject: Re: Strunk & White Online
From: Jay Jordan <jay -at- MAINELINK -dot- NET> at .APL.and.BEYOND.
Date: 12/28/95 9:50 PM

On Thu, 28 Dec 1995, Christy Langley wrote:

> Does anyone know where "The Elements of Style" by Strunk AND White can
> be located online? I found Strunk's solo version and placed it in my web
> page but would really like to have the co-authored version including
> White.

Try: http://www.columbia.edu/acis/bartleby/strunk/

JAY JORDAN jay -at- mainelink -dot- net