Re: Picking at scabs

Subject: Re: Picking at scabs
From: Rick Lippincott <rjl -at- BOSTECH -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 1995 11:47:39 EST

Tom Kiersted asked:

>If the non-capitalized "internet" is so widely accepted, why "intranet?" And,
>moreover, why "Intranet?"

My guess is "Because technical communicators were not consulted when these
terms were developed."

After all, I'm sure that if they'd checked with us some years back, the phrase
"user friendly" would have never gotten out of the starting gate.

Rick Lippincott
Boston Technology
Wakefield, MA
rjl -at- bostech -dot- com