Re: Email woes and Eudora

Subject: Re: Email woes and Eudora
From: Kat Nagel/MasterWork <katnagel -at- EZNET -dot- NET>
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 1995 11:37:29 -0400

I am also running Eudora without problems. I used the shareware version
for about six months, and liked it so well I got the commercial version.
I've kept up with the upgrade notices (currently on v2.1.2), but even the
older versions seem to function pretty well. They just have fewer bells
and whistles.

The only Eudora crash I've had in over a year was when my ISP's server died
in mid-transfer. Eudora choked bigtime, and I lost all my mailboxes. But
then, my Mac rarely crashes with -any- Mac software except Netscape/beta
versions. Usually I only have to worry about crashes when I'm running PC
software under SoftWindows. Then I get all the typical Windows errors ---
very frustrating.

I guess the point of all this is that there are no universal standards for
email and file transfer. As long as equipment and software continue to
evolve, there will be nasty incompatibilities that are seriously annoying.
At the moment I choose to put up with most of the annoyances in exchange
for the general convenience of electronic communication. But there are
days...

[DIALOG MODE --> INTERNAL]
Repeat after me, Katherine Elizabeth: "I will try to be more patient when
I see strange characters on my screen --- it's not his fault. I will
-silently- delete those garbage files --- it's not his fault. I will
respond civilly when someone using MicroSoft email packages tries to tell
me that -other- folk's systems are causing the problem --- it's NOT his
fault. I will stop belaboring this peripheral topic and immediately turn
my thoughts back to techcom issues...."
[DIALOG MODE --> DEFAULT]

Sorry about that. Read any good project management books lately?

@Kat_____ Kat Nagel
MasterWork Consulting Services Rochester, NY
LIFE1 (techwriting/docdesign) katnagel -at- eznet -dot- net
LIFE2 (vocal chamber music) PlaynSong -at- aol -dot- com