Re: Certification (longish but good stuff!)

Subject: Re: Certification (longish but good stuff!)
From: "Arlen P. Walker" <Arlen -dot- P -dot- Walker -at- JCI -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 1996 10:35:00 -0600

I also think that a written statement of satisfaction with the
writer's work from all managers during the period(s) of experience
considered should be required. This way, if you have a bad experience
with an employer, you can still get a certificate - you just don't
use them as a reference, and you can't use your period of employment
with them as applicable experience.

And how would you deal with the managers who are prevented by company policy
from issuing such a statement? (Or even managers who might claim that is the
case, but are really worried you're going to demand more money once you hang
that flowery certificate on your wall?)

Have fun,
Arlen
DNRC 124