Re: e-mail

Subject: Re: e-mail
From: Stuart Reynolds <reynolds -at- IC -dot- NET>
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 1996 02:42:54 -0500

>I pronounce URL as you-are-ell, because that seems the natural way to =
me. If
>I'd heard it spoken before I saw it in print I might pronounce it =
differently.

Uhhhh.. it *is* You-Are-Ell... Uniform Resource Locator, or do people =
use it, without knowing what the hell it stands for? That's like =
someone pronouncing VRML as Veermill... Yes, I have heard someone say =
that. Trying to be *hip* at a New Years party, when I was talking about =
what I do with V-R-M-L. If you are in doubt, check with the originator =
form CERN.. Tim Berners-Lee.. who created this addressing scheme, for =
the World Wide Web, which he had conceived. Actually, I don't know if =
he is still at CERN or not, but they could tell you.

Stuart Reynolds
---------
reynolds -at- ic -dot- net
First Impression Graphics
web page design & implementation
tech writing, creative concepts, graphic design,=20
DTP, exhibition graphics, packaging solutions