Re: HTML Reference Site

Subject: Re: HTML Reference Site
From: Stan Brown <stbrown -at- NACS -dot- NET>
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 1996 23:26:45 -0500

George Allaman asks,

>Can anybody recommend a comprehensive reference page for HTML tags, commands,
>and so forth on the web? I've done a bit of cruising and all I seem to find
>is very sketchy references with incomplete listings of the commands and
>tags, and longer treatises on how to use HTML but without a listing of
>all the tags and commands.

Indeed I can. I stumbled on Michael Hannah's HTML reference at Sandia
Laboratories, and have used the September 1995 edition as a reference.
The guide is newly revised in January 1996, and I'm looking forward to
checking the differences.

http://www.sandia.gov/sci_compute/html_ref.html

There are a few references to Sandia's "house style", but Hannah seems not
to be limited by what Sandia prefers. The most valuable feature, to me, is
that he identifies which features are Netscape or Mosaic extensions, and
which are standard versus only proposed.

Regards,
Stan Brown, Oak Road Systems Cleveland, Ohio USA +1 216 371-0043
email: stbrown -at- nacs -dot- net Web: http://www.nacs.net/~stbrown