Re: help... please

Subject: Re: help... please
From: Daren DeadmondDaren Deadmond <ddeadmond -at- NOVELL -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 1996 12:47:25 -0700

>>> Kahn, Stacey <skahn -at- wb -dot- com> 17 Jan 96 1549 >>> wrote:

(some text deleted)

The chapter consists of descriptions of the relationships between various components of the framis. To simplify, we've got relationships between the chicken and the egg, the chicken and the rooster, the chicken and Farmer Brown, the egg and the rooster, the egg and Farmer Brown, rooster and Farmer Brown, and so forth (AB, AC, AD, BC, BD, CD). Actually there are six components, which generate a total of fifteen "relationship" sections.

Each description is maybe a page or two long, so I can't just show it all in a chart. And each description shows both "viewpoints" of that relationship: AB as well as BA.

So... how to describe how the information is organized?

Stacey, I agree with Marilynne. When I read this, I immediately thought of a diagram, too. The diagram I thought of was a hexagon drawn with a dot on each point. Each dot has a title or descriptive phrase alongside, perhaps with a page number or paragraph number to refer the reader to more info. Each dot was connected to the other dots by a line to show the relationships between dots. I'd try to ascii-draw it, but I wither in the face of such a challenge ;-).

Hope this helps! Good luck!

Daren Deadmond

Technical Writer

Novell