Re: PICT to WMF on Mac??

Subject: Re: PICT to WMF on Mac??
From: "Dan S. Azlin" <dazlin -at- SHORE -dot- NET>
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 1996 04:18:04 -0500

On Fri, 19 Jan 1996, Suzanne Lee wrote:

> hi -
> is there any way to convert PICT files to WMF on a Mac? Or PICT on Mac to
> WFM on a PC? Shareware packages preferred over full-blown, if possible ;-)

> While we're at it, anyone know an easy way to get PICT on a Mac to bitmap
> on a PC? We're using a ridculously long, multi-package process.

Two possibilities suggest themselves:

1. Transfer the PICT from the MAC to a PC readable disk. Use Hijaak on
the PC to convert to the desired bitmap format (.wmf/.bmp/.tif/etc).

2. Using the graphic application used to create the PICT file, export it
as a TIFF format graphic. Then transfer it to a PC readable disk and
import the .TIF file into the software of choice.

The big problem in doing these translations is in dealing with scaling
errors and font substitutions between platforms. Hijaak Pro is pretty
good with this, but I still find a clean up necessary on most graphics.

Good luck.

Dan Azlin ** WORD ENGINEERS, Technical Writing & Publishing **
Ph/Fax: 508-921-8908 18 School Street
Internet: dazlin -at- shore -dot- net Beverly, MA 01915-4851