Re: What *is* user-friendly...

Subject: Re: What *is* user-friendly...
From: WandaJane Phillips <wandajp -at- ANDYNE -dot- ON -dot- CA>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 1996 15:42:05 -0500

Larry Kunz ((919) 254-6395) wrote:
> I agree -- the two-tiered approach, when you can do it, is probably
> the best. That way the readers can choose to either do the whole
> graduated learning thing or go straight to the format they're most
> comfortable with. A still-interesting question, to me at least,
> is: What if, because of time or budget or whatever, you can only
> do one book -- which kind would it be?

That set me back a bit, to think, I would say that if the product or the
technology was relatively new, I'd concentrate on novice information,
probably in a tutorial or workbook format. Otherwise, I'd probably
create an intermediate level of task-oriented information.
--
WandaJane Phillips
Senior Technical Writer -- Pablo