Thumbnail/preview TIFF images

Subject: Thumbnail/preview TIFF images
From: Alexander Von_obert <avobert -at- TWH -dot- MSN -dot- SUB -dot- ORG>
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 1996 12:25:00 +0100

Hello Andrew,

* Antwort auf eine Nachricht von Andrew Woodhouse an All am 24.01.96

AW> From: Andrew Woodhouse <awoodhou -at- mpc-uk -dot- com>

AW> What we need really is to find some way of creating thumbnails
AW> of the images in
AW> each directory, showing a small version of the graphic along
AW> with the filename.
AW> It's such a pain to have to open each graphic in a tool such as
AW> XV or the Sun
AW> Imagetool to find out what it is...

I don't know what your UNIX guru recommends, but in the MS-Windows world I
would try the shareware program Paintshop Pro (PSP311.ZIP on many FTP
servers). Paintshop Pro knows about LOTS of graphics formats. May be even your
variant of TIFF.

Greetinggs from Germany,
Alexander