Re: Engineers Inside Documentation Group

Subject: Re: Engineers Inside Documentation Group
From: "Susan W. Gallagher" <sgallagher -at- EXPERSOFT -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 1996 17:33:45 -0800

At 2:48 PM 1/29/96, Judith Hammeran wrote:

>I've been asked (as part of a reorganization my department is currently
>undergoing) to explore ways in which a documentation department can use an
>engineer on its staff. I know that quality validation is one topic that has
>been discussed on the list recently, and that's certainly a job an engineer
>working for a documentation department could do.

You didn't say whether the engineer had strong writing talents or
not, and this could make a difference.

Editing onscreen verbiage directly in the source code comes immediately
to mind -- field labels, menu items, status line prompts, error messages
that are embedded directly in the code... (you know, all the stuff that
programmers won't let you touch but are too busy to do themselves?)

Just a thought...

-Sue Gallagher
sgallagher -at- expersoft -dot- com