Re: Click? Choose!

Subject: Re: Click? Choose!
From: Bonni Graham <bonnig -at- IX -dot- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 1996 14:01:52 -0800

Bill Sullivan wrote:

>Hey Bonni:

><snip>
>What I am trying to get up the nerve to ask you is: If what I so
>loosely describe is the case, should we not write "Choose Options"
>and not "Click Options"? Tell them what to do, but let them deduce
>how to do it? Isn't that what their vanishing system manuals are
>for?

Yup, yup, I agree. Twasn't my example, tho, so all I did was show a
different construction that has solved the question that was asked. I
tend to prefer "choose" or "select" for the reasons you mention.

HOWEVER, by the same token, if we're expecting them to be able to look
up the options for "choosing", we can also expect them to be able to
look up the fact that there are alternatives to "clicking", or so I've
been told every time I've lost this argument with a client.

--
Bonni Graham
Manual Labour