Re: instant HTML

Subject: Re: instant HTML
From: Sally Yeo <sallyyeo -at- EXECPC -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 1996 14:19:46 -0800

Gord Varney wrote:

> My ideal solution would be an add-on to Word or Framemaker that allows
> me to use all the native features and functions and then, with the press
> of a button, produces HTML. Maybe I'm dreaming.

A number of conversion products exist. Do a search and you will find
them. Two I have used are HoTMetaL and Web Publisher. Web Publisher
provided a nice set of dialogs to set up the template and did a good job,
visually, of the conversion. Unfortunately, their HTML was quite illegal,
and sometimes downright strange. HoTMetaL's conversion process creates
legal HTML. The problem with HoTMetaL is that it doesn't handle frames
yet so if you put frames code in HoTMetaL will choke.

Sally Yeo