Re: Name for group of icons

Subject: Re: Name for group of icons
From: David Ibbetson <ibbetson -at- IDIRECT -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 1996 12:45:07 -0500

K Watkins quotes Connie Winch:

First Record - a double arrow pointing L to a vertical line
Previous Record - a single arrow pointing L
Next Record - a single arrow pointing R
Last Record - a double arrow pointing R to a vertical line

Is there an industry standard (or at least common practice) for what to
call these buttons as a whole? Rampant in our organization is the use of
"VCR buttons". A few of us are aiming to stamp out this sophomoric
terminology. So far we have come up with "navigator buttons".<<<
-------end of quote---------

I've also seen them called "tape recorder buttons". If the manual is to be
used in countries where VCRs have a lower penetration than in the US and
Canada this may be preferable.

David (the former help desk) Ibbetson
end

David Ibbetson Phone (416) 363-6692
ibbetson -at- idirect -dot- com Fax (416) 363-4987
133 Wilton Street, #506
Toronto, Ontario
Canada M5A 4A4