Re: "See" and "Utilize"

Subject: Re: "See" and "Utilize"
From: "Virginia L. Krenn" <asdxvlk -at- OKWAY -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 1996 09:45:32 -0600

The method we used in documenting programs and systems was to use the
word "see" to refer to another page in the same document and "refer" to
refer to a different document.

Subject: "See" and "Utilize"
Author: Kathy Fisher <KDFisher -at- aol -dot- com> at SMTP
Date: 2/15/96 7:38 PM

If I see the word "see" used ONE MORE TIME in documentation to
reference another document I'm gonna lose my lunch! We "see" with our
eyes. We "refer" to a document.