Subject: Re: Voice recognition experiences please

From: HEP2 -at- AOL -dot- COM
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 1996 05:06:02 -0500

If you have a Macintosh you know that voice recognition has been around since
1987, and the current voice recognition devices/software are generations
ahead of the pc format. I use voice recognition software that gives me 100%
accuracy as fast as I can talk. It is geared to my voice and speech patterns
since I've trained it. If it doesn't know a word it will ask me to repeat it
three times and type it in. Next time it knows it. It also understands
commands. "Fluffy (my computer's name) open Quark. New page. Import text
<text name>. Close Quark. Logon AOL." etc.