Need Help With Fonts

Subject: Need Help With Fonts
From: Scott Browne <sbrowne -at- UNICOMP -dot- NET>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 1996 10:22:56 +0000

<long explanation skipped>

Our company needs to create our own font for use with one of our
programs. We have tried Fontographer with little success. Has anyone
had good luck with other font-producing packages?

Also, what is the going rate for having someone create fonts for you?
We've had one person quote us $12,000 for 5 fonts. Does that sound
even *close* to reasonable? I don't think so, but then I really have
no idea of the going rate.

Finally, if anyone knows of an existing font out there that displays
ASCII characters above 127 as a 2 character Hex representation, then
that would solve all our troubles. Let me know if such a critter
exists.

As usual, the boss wants it yesterday :)

Please respond to me personally.

TIA
Scott Browne "Writing is like Prostitution. First you do
Technical Writer it for the love of it, then you do it for a
Greenleaf Software, Inc. few friends, and finally, you do it for the
Dallas, TX money."
sbrowne -at- unicomp -dot- net -Moliere