Re: what's a senior tech writer?

Subject: Re: what's a senior tech writer?
From: Bonni Graham <bonnig -at- IX -dot- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 1996 09:40:12 -0800

My gut feeling (which is pretty new and unformed -- the feeling, not
the gut -- SIGH) is that a senior writer should have been IN CHARGE of
an entire doc project at least once, from planning to production.
That, and number of years, are my current working definition. Don't
underestimate number of years, if the person can demonstrate that he or
she LEARNED something during those years. My assistant is running into
a lot of problems I can solve easily, simply because I've seen them
before. When I had the opportunity to be aroudn writers more senior
than I, they had solutions to a lot of my problems for the same reason.

--
Bonni Graham
Manual Labour