Re: Tech Writing in Europe

Subject: Re: Tech Writing in Europe
From: "Bernard A. McCann" <bi975 -at- FREENET -dot- CARLETON -dot- CA>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 1996 18:29:27 GMT

Cher Martin (CMARTIN -at- msgateway -dot- wichitaks -dot- attgis -dot- com) writes:
> I am also very interested in tech writing in Europe. I will be visiting
> in June and would like to explore getting a position in England or
> Scotland. I am currently a webmaster as well as a tech writer with lots
> of experience (in the U.S.!).

> Thanks!

> Cher Martin
> cher -dot- martin -at- wichitaks -dot- attgis -dot- com

> ----------

Oh no it hasn't. snip, snip ... ;-)

The following addresses of companies that hire contract (and full-time)
technical authors (correct European term!) may be of help:

Author Services Technical
4 Icknield Way
Letchworth
Herts. SG6 1EX tel: (01462) 481144
fax: (01462) 483480

Piper Ltd.
Refuge House, Baldwin Street
Bristol. BS1 tel: (0117) 9290263
fax: (0117) 9273589

Kudos
9/10 Westminster Court, Hipley Street
Woking
Surrey. GU22 9LQ tel: (01483) 747227
fax: (01483) 747337

All with UK on the end (whoops!)

and

The Institute of Scientific and Technical Communicators
Kings Court, 2/16 Goodge Street
London. W1P 1FF
UK tel: (0171) 436 4425
fax: (0171) 580 0747

Good luck, and 'ave a "pint" for me! ;-)

Bernie

--
_/
_/_/_/_/ _/_/_/_/_/ _/_/_/_/ "Caesar had perished from the world of men