Re: My Apologies

Subject: Re: My Apologies
From: Arlen -dot- P -dot- Walker -at- JCI -dot- COM
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 1996 07:23:00 -0600

Brethern (and sistern?) I apologize. You can see clearly that my
chlorophyll count is very high. I did not realize MIME would zap a
Word file like that. I will repost another time--when I figure out
what I am doing.

Again, my apologies. And thanks to those who were nice enough to
tell me the error of my ways.

FWIW, the error was slight. MIME, it appears, has not permeated the
Internet to the level most of its supporters claim. I, for one, had no
problem reading it. Our gateway handles MIME attachments very well, thank
you. It was one of the things we insisted on and tested for. That appears
not to have been the case elsewhere. (The biggest surprise to me was that
it kept the file name intact. Usually that doesn't make it through the
gateway -- our final choice was between one package which kept the name but
scrambled the contents and one which kept the contents intact but usually
lost the name. We chose the latter, of course.)

My only problem with the file was wondering why I got it in the first
place, as I didn't see a whole lot in it that was relevant to me. It
appeared to be aimed at educators, not working professionals. (Well,
there's also the fact that the point size was too small for these old eyes
to read comfortably on screen.)

Have fun,
Arlen

arlen -dot- p -dot- walker -at- jci -dot- com
In God we trust, all others must supply data