Re: MS Manual of Style- Tec

Subject: Re: MS Manual of Style- Tec
From: "Huber, Mike" <Mike -dot- Huber -at- SOFTWARE -dot- ROCKWELL -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 1996 10:24:00 -0500

Oddly enough, it fails to suck completely. Few of the guidelines are bad.
It suggests avoiding the words "upsize" or "utilize".

Many of the things it covers are Microsoft artifacts. It's good for
answers
to "what's the official name for that thing in the corner of the dialog?"
type questions. MS owns the interface - the official name is whatever
MS say it is.

It's best feature is the authority it carries in it's name. I've walked
away
from pointless standards debates saying "@#$! It - let's just do what the
MMoS says!" over my shoulder. What the MMoS says is just about sure
to be something I can live with (even if it's not exactly what I would
like)
and corporate types don't like to argue with Big Bill.