Rumors of LIST decline // OL Help books

Subject: Rumors of LIST decline // OL Help books
From: "Dimock, Dick" <red -at- ELSEGUNDOCA -dot- ATTGIS -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 1996 12:31:00 PST

Rumors about the LIST's decline are premature.

It seems rather skimpy nowadays, tho. Y'all got
imminent deadlines?

Since mine is a couple of weeks away, I shall leap upon
the empty bandwidth with my own request for info.

Are there any good, recent 3rd-party books for On Line Help?
Especially Word6/7 compatible applications? By 3rd party
I mean "for sale in computer bookstores".

I can't yet afford my own Doc To Help, HDK, etc. Nor do I
have $/time for a seminar. Yet Ol' Artfully gotta get into this
Real Soon Now.

An upcoming use is on a DOS platform and coming from
Word7 text. (Do I have any hope for DOS Help?)

Regards to all!

Dick Dimock Artfully Senior TW of Myth and Legend
(i.e. my docs are actually Science
Fantasy, in spite of the best efforts of
Development programmers to keep
up with my crystal-ball text), at

NCR Corp., whose computer business is actually
doing Great now, thank you, in

El Segundo, CA Where the building owners are
repainting the building. No small job,
the bldg being 180 ft square and 20
stories tall. Soon now, a plastic sheet
will cover my window, masking it from
paint spray, and shutting out my
Faire Citie view for 4-5 weeks. I'll
miss the grand old gal.

richard -dot- dimock -at- elsegundoca -dot- attgis -dot- com