OL Help books

Subject: OL Help books
From: Bruce WHITE <WHITE -at- MSN -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 1996 20:54:15 UT

Dick,
>>Are there any good, recent 3rd-party books for On Line Help?
>>Especially Word6/7 compatible applications? By 3rd party
>>I mean "for sale in computer bookstores".
There are two that I have:
ONE
Not exactly 3rd party...
Microsoft Press has also just published the Microsoft Windows 95 Help
Authoring Kit. ISBN 1-55615-892-0. 328 pp. US$49.95.
The CD contains (about 1.4MB of files) including the Help compiler.
Hcrtf.exe & Hcw.exe 9/16/95, version 4.01.0950

TWO
Mary Deaton & Cheryl Zubak's Designing Windows 95 Help from QUE books. ISBN
0-7897-0362-9 684 pp. US$49.99
This is more advanced than the MSPress book.
The CD has files on Authoring Tools (HDK got left out somehow), consultants,
extensive help files on various design problems & copies of various utilities.

>>Do I have any hope for DOS Help?

There is hope, but I haven't got any good leads for you. I have not used it
myself but there _is_ one. Check the Winhelp web sites. A good place to start
is:
http://www.humberc.on.ca/~byrnes/winhelp.html.....Bruce.....
WinHelp IT Editing
white -at- msn -dot- com