Re: all this copyright stuff

Subject: Re: all this copyright stuff
From: MPgregor -at- AOL -dot- COM
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 1996 01:09:07 -0500

In a message dated 96-03-10 09:25:10 EST, taltom -at- iquest -dot- net (Tim Altom)
writes:

>Well, Eric, you're functionally right but theoretically far wrong. In
>American copyright law (which parallels international law after 1976)
>anything you write, including your letters, remains your property even after
>it's sent. Therefore, it's technically a violation of copyright to resend
>messages after they're once shot out of the OK server to the eager readers
>on the list. You're tacitly giving your permission to that point. But
>resending the messages isn't part of the deal.

I have just copied and pasted part of your message. Have I violated copyright
laws?
Lot of theory and not enough common sense. Remainds me of one of my
interpreting assignments when a person in the Pentagon stated that their new
policy worked in practice, but they had to prove that it does work in theory.

If, by any chance, somebody would want to respond to this, don't copy and
paste it. I would be a serious violation of all international laws. [Just
kidding]

Martin GREGOR, Slovak and Czech Translating Services
The US Department of State Qualified Translator
HOME PAGE:
http://members.aol.com/mpgregor/private/homepage.htm

CZECH AND SLOVAK YELLOW PAGES:
http://members.aol.com/mpgregor/private/title.htm
Now inlcude... Travel, Learning languages, Media,
Events, Genealogy, Business, Food, Internet,
Environment, Law, Institutions, People,
Plus lot of other useful information ...

mpgregor -at- aol -dot- com
Chevy Chase, Maryland, USA, 301-656-4522