Re: Re. HTML vs. Acrobat

Subject: Re: Re. HTML vs. Acrobat
From: "Marvin W. Miller" <Marvin_Miller -at- SEC -dot- SEL -dot- SONY -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 1996 08:28:01 -0800

Framemaker hyperlinks are preserved with Acrobat. You must use the Distiller
instead of Exchange.

> One other note: Until they revise applications (e.g, PageMaker)
> to incorporate hyperlinks that will be preserved when you produce
> the Acrobat version of the document, Acrobat is unacceptable for
> online work that will change regularly. Too much hassle to
> constantly have to recreate the hyperlinks in Acrobat itself. (Caveat:
> I haven't updated my version of Acrobat for more than a year... have
> they fixed this gaping hole yet? I know they've at least _tried_ to
> patch it in PageMaker 6, albeit unsuccessfully so far.)

Marvin W. Miller
Supervisor, Technical Communications Group
Sony Systems Engineering Center - San Jose, CA
Ph 408-955-4251

Opinions expressed here probably differ from that of my
employer. If I ruffle your feathers, get mad at me - not Sony.