Re: sanity check--please!!

Subject: Re: sanity check--please!!
From: Kat Nagel/MasterWork <katnagel -at- EZNET -dot- NET>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 1996 20:30:25 -0400

Janet Renze wrote:
>I work for a small engineering consulting/software development
>company and need to get your opinion on whether or not i'm crazy or
>the management team here is just totally whacked out (working as
>the only tech writer will do that to you!!)

>(description of insane management behavior deleted)

>Will i find this same scenario everywhere?

No. Oh, no situation is perfect. There are always communications
bottlenecks and occasional irrational behavior. But even my worst
experience was considerably less absurd than the one you describe.

Unless the company has had -years- of experience handling similar
contracts, their 'look good' numbers are unlikely to be accurate. And I
certainly wouldn't want folks with that level of disorganization to be
running -my- computer system!

My suggestion: cultivate your professional network and polish up your resume.

@Kat_____ Kat Nagel
MasterWork Consulting Services Rochester, NY
LIFE1 (techwriting/docdesign) katnagel -at- eznet -dot- net
LIFE2 (vocal chamber music) PlaynSong -at- aol -dot- com