Re: Evolving language or laziness?

Subject: Re: Evolving language or laziness?
From: Henry Korman <korman -at- WP-CONSULTING -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 1996 09:52:53 -0700

>Your prompt seems lazy to me because it's incorporating two functions into
>one: the name, and the location. These should, perforce, be divided into two
>fields.

The prompt may not be 'lazy' in the sense mentioned above. From the users
point of view, the prompt *may* represent one meaningful action. If so, it
should stand as such. If not, separate it into two actions.

>>"Who do you want to call and where do you want to call them?"

Does the context in which the prompt occurs make clear what "where" means?
Taken out of context, "where" seems ambiguous.

Regards,
Henry Korman

Wordplay Consulting Email: korman -at- wp-consulting -dot- com
Documentation/Design/Consulting Voice: (510) 841-5858
Berkeley, CA USA Fax: (510) 848-0159