Re: RTF Versions

Subject: Re: RTF Versions
From: kaikow -at- STANDARDS -dot- COM
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 1996 15:26:39 GMT

RTF has nothing to do with ANSI. RTF is a proprietary format developed by
Microsoft. Microsoft has made the spec available so that others can
implement it, but, as many of us have found, not everybody implements RTF
in the same way, and non-Microsoft implementations tend to lag the latest
Microsoft implementation, surprise!

The lastest version of RTF is 1.4 and is documented in the gc0165.exe
file at ftp.microsoft.com in the softlib/mslfiles directory.

The corresponding document for each earlier version of RTF is found at
various places on internet. Try /pub/RTF on ftp.primate.wisc.ed for the
earlier documents.