Re: Evolving language or laziness

Subject: Re: Evolving language or laziness
From: "Colleen Dancer (02) 333-1862" <DANCER -dot- COLLEEN -at- A2 -dot- ABC -dot- NET -dot- AU>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 1996 09:49:00 +1100

Tim Alton wrote:
What I'm appalled by are companies that smile at your pretty little
elfin faces and offer you the sop of saying "Their" instead of "his,"
smile at you and pat you on your pretty little heads, when inside the
companies there are no provisions for day care, no equal pay, and
precious little promotional opportunity.
<end quote>

OK I have to stick up for my company. Both sites in Sydney have child
care facilities that both male and female staff use. Don't ask me any
more details about it because I dont know them as I don't use it.
Secondly, I earn the same amount as my male counterparts, and my
promotional prospects are just as good. There are plenty of high ranking
female managers around here. In this case Tim you got the wrong end of
the stick. Also the company ahs maternity and paternity leave, and
supports women coming back part time after having children if they wish.
Those battles are won, so we will fight the others.

Actually this applies mainly to my department, I don't know the salaries
of other departments so I can't comment.

Colleen

dancer -dot- colleen -at- a2 -dot- abc -dot- net -dot- au