Re: TECHWR-L Digest - 19 Mar 1996 to 20 Mar 1996

Subject: Re: TECHWR-L Digest - 19 Mar 1996 to 20 Mar 1996
From: Richard Farley <rtfarley -at- IX -dot- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 1996 05:17:09 -0800

Hi All,

This was intended to be a private mssg. for Amy Rickear in regards to her
inquiry, but the server said "no go".

I saw your request for consulting information on the techwriters list. One
book that I have found helpfull is "The Complete Book of Consulting" by Bill
Salmon and Nate Rosenblatt, published by Round Lake Publishing. I have
another, but can't seem to locate it right now. When I do I'll email the
info. to you.

Please let me know how things progress for you. I am having trouble
convincing prospective clients that they need my services. I have the skill,
they have a need, but WE don't have a dialog opening.

To all list members:

What means do you find most effective when marketing your services. I
presume you do some initial mailings, followed by phone calls. You have the
prospective client on the line and need to get "the need seed" planted. What
works for you?

BTW: I have tried other lists, and this one is tops. Thanks to everyone for
thought provoking insights and valuable advise. Even those passionate
rebuttals (sp?) prove that real concern for the craft is alive.

Good Luck to all

Richard Farley
rtfarley -at- ix -dot- netcom -dot- com
"That writer does the most, who gives his reader the most knowledge,
and takes from him the least time." Colton (1780-1832)

Richard Farley
R. Farley Consulting - Technical Writing & Business Communication
2728 El Pasado Dr.
Modesto, CA 95354
rtfarley -at- ix -dot- netcom -dot- com