Project estimating and tracking

Subject: Project estimating and tracking
From: Tim Altom <taltom -at- IQUEST -dot- NET>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 1996 16:42:00 EST

Does anybody know of any software that's specifically for estimating and
tracking costs for doc projects? I know that many packages can be made to
work, but I want something that's turnkey, right out of the box. I've tried
using Microsoft Project to both estimate and then do project management, but
that doesn't work out very well. The two functions, while similar in
process, use different paths, different assumptions and different numbers.

Joann Hackos' group used to have a package that ran in Excel. I haven't
touched base with that, but I'd actually prefer a standalone, if I can find
one. Please reply to me personally, or to the list.

Thanks

Tim Altom
Vice President
Simply Written, Inc.