Re: HTML vs. Adobe Acrobat

Subject: Re: HTML vs. Adobe Acrobat
From: "Matthew B. Hicks" <matt -at- UNIDATA -dot- UCAR -dot- EDU>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 1996 08:11:05 -0700

Uh, has anyone actually tried to read an Acrobat doc? It's fine for
delivering documents that you expect people to print out, but IMO it is
not suitable for delivering info online. I think the best that can be said
about an on-screen Acrobat page is that it *can* be read. And the
navigation is a real chore -- even on a PowerMac, the pages are drawn
excruciatingly slowly. I hate PDF files. I think Acrobat makes your life
easier, not your users'.

-Matt Hicks
matt -at- unidata -dot- ucar -dot- edu
Owner of the Dal-l Web pages: