Re[2]: HTML vs. Adobe Acrobat

Subject: Re[2]: HTML vs. Adobe Acrobat
From: Arlen -dot- P -dot- Walker -at- JCI -dot- COM
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 1996 17:40:00 -0600

The Internet runs on speed, _not_ lingua franca.

You should try the Internet *I* keep seeing. Fifteen minutes at one site
today, because the only navigation provided was in the form of 100+K
imagemaps!

HTML is virtually instant.

On my machine they end up about the same. As always YMMV, but that kind of
argues against one always having an edge over the other.

Netscape offers e-mail, news, ftp, VRML, chat-rooms,
plug-ins, Java, Javascript, helpers, and other features.

Acrobat offers slow helpers.

Why is it always couched as "either/or?" "Both/and" is more like it. I use
both; different tools for different jobs. This constant assertion that HTML
is the One True Way for network communication keeps me looking for the "man
behind the curtain."

Have fun,
Arlen
DNRC 124