Diversity

Subject: Diversity
From: "Daniel E. Wise" <dewise -at- IX -dot- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 1996 21:53:51 -0800

Thank God the sexist thread seems to have finally run its almost
endless course through here. It seems to be a manifestation of what I
find to be one of the worst features of today's world. We are by
nature a diverse field. That diversity fosters disagreements.
Unfortunately we seem to be more interested in concentrating on those
things that we disagree on than we are in finding common ground that we
can AGREE on.

Nearly anything can be construed by some group or individual as
insulting. A friend of mine was accused of sexual harrassment by a
woman because he complimented her on a new dress. Any number of things
have been--and are being--twisted to assume a racist face. These are
just generic examples. Please don't feel moved to flame me for them.

Please, collegaues, can't we find things that bring us together, and
leave the endless bickering over unresolvable issues to less
intelligent life forms?

Dan Wise
dewise -at- ix -dot- netcom -dot- com

Since I work for me, I have no one else to speak for