Re: Quick and dirty indexes

Subject: Re: Quick and dirty indexes
From: Richard Mateosian <srm -at- C2 -dot- ORG>
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 1996 22:22:46 -0800

>Wouldn't you cringe if a programmer approached you and
>requested a recommendation for some "quick and dirty" software
>that would simply scan the program and create documentation for it?!!

No, I wouldn't.

There are many situations in which that would be really helpful. And at
least it would always be up to date. I can think of a lot of situations in
which that would be more important than a whole lot of other criteria.

Getting back to the original subject, even a concordance is better than no
index. ...RM

Richard Mateosian Freelance Technical Writer
srm -at- c2 -dot- org Copyright 1996 Review Editor, IEEE Micro
http://www.c2.org/~srm/ All rights reserved President, Berkeley STC