Re[2]: Developing Online Doc

Subject: Re[2]: Developing Online Doc
From: Karla McMaster <mcmaster%pcmail -dot- cti-pet -dot- com -at- CTI-PET -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 1996 08:56:28 EST

Tim...You wrote:

> What were the details of the pooh-pooh, aside from
> competitors getting hold of them?

There weren't any...That was it.

We develop and manufacture large pieces of medical equipment--scanning devices.
The hardware and software manuals tell how the things work. I write the user
manuals (as opposed to the service manuals, used by the technicians, which tell
how the things are put together). To my way of thinking, any motivated
competitor can get a copy of our manuals. The positron emission tomography
community (PET) is relatively small and rather incestuous.

I don't see that having them available on the Web is going to make that much
difference, security-wise. But that's just me. I have a general problem with
keeping information "secret," anyway. I really don't see that it has helped
anyone, in the long run.

Karla McMaster, technical writer
CTI PET Systems, Inc., Knoxville, TN
mcmaster -at- cti-pet -dot- com