Re: Re. writing and liability?

Subject: Re: Re. writing and liability?
From: LaVonna Funkhouser <lffunkhouser -at- HALNET -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 1996 08:15:06 -0600

> So what's the real story? Has anyone out there in
> getting nailed as a result of problematic writing?

> --Geoff Hart @8^{)}
> geoff-h -at- mtl -dot- feric -dot- ca

About 3 years ago, a lawyer from Tulsa spoke at a local
STC meeting. He had been involved in a case against (I believe)
the Evenflo company. They had been sued because the instructions
on their child safety seats were not written clearly. As a result,
parents were not strapping the seats correctly, and a child was
killed or injured as a result. I believe the suit was successful.

I do not know if the writers were contract or full-time, and I don't
know if they were named in the suit, or just the company. However,
the issue was indeed the _instructions_.

Regards,
LaVonna
LaVonna F. Funkhouser, COREComm
lffunkhouser -at- halnet -dot- com (work)
You are invited to browse our web site: http://www.corecomm.com/corecomm/
My opinions do not officially represent anyone other than me.