FROM JODIE

Subject: FROM JODIE
From: HBOC Pegasus Med <100274 -dot- 226 -at- COMPUSERVE -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 1996 03:11:22 EST

On March 12, Kelly Leydon asked the following questions:

>1. Can anyone recommend any current books or journals (other than STC) that
>can provide leads as to what other companies are doing in the area of writing
>and using functional specifications documents?

>2. Is there an outline or template for writing functional specifications
>documents that someone could send me?

>3. What types of information goes into a functional specifications document,
>is a skills matrix listing specific project items with specific skill
>requirements appropriate?

(Fouth question snipped)

I have eagerly been reading the list every day, waiting to see a response and
have been very disappointed. Maybe responses were sent directly to Kelly?

Our company is in a growth phase right now, and that success is due in large
measure to the creativity of our GUI design team. In the past, we were heavy on
creativity and short on documentation. So in addition to writing end-user
documentation, I have recently been supporting our GUI designers in creating
design documentation, e.g. requirements and functional specifications documents.
I don't have much experience with this kind of documentation and would very
much appreciate any information or assistance anyone could give me.

Thanks.

Jodie Horowitz
100274 -dot- 226 -at- compuserve -dot- com