Workplace Productivity

Subject: Workplace Productivity
From: Gwen Barnes <gwen -dot- barnes -at- MUSTANG -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 1996 17:13:49 GMT

-> houshold with more than 2 siblings tend to accept workplace
-> noise, and some seem to _need_ the noise to concentrate.
-> On more than one occaision I've heard "It's too quiet in here."
-> Then of course those raised in a quiet household need peace
-> and quiet to function. Anyone else notice these distinctions?

I like to hear *my* music when I work, not someone else's. Piped-in
"Muzak" is absolutely the worst workplace intrusion I can imagine.
Everyone here has stereos in their offices. I have a metal-head on one
side of me and a Barbra Streisand nut on the other, but I *can* close my
office door without appearing completely unsociable, and listen to my
favorite hardtrance while I work <g>.

At home, I'd rather live next to a railroad track or a freeway than
share an apartment wall with a music-loving neighbor. My house has adobe
walls that are 14 inches thick. You can't hear what's going on in the
next *room* let alone what the neighbors are listening to.

Cheers, 805-873-2500
Gwen gwen -dot- barnes -at- mustang -dot- com
MSI * Connecting the world WWW, Telnet, FTP: bbs.mustang.com
@DISCLAIMER@ ` Free speech online `