Ancient Frame (Frame 3 to Frame 5)

Subject: Ancient Frame (Frame 3 to Frame 5)
From: Ruth Glaser <ruthg -at- GORETEK -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 1996 08:31:02 -0600

>Suzanne writes: Will I be okay to start importing all the various chapters
into >the ancient Frame? I mean, will I have a problem bringing this
document from >v3.0 to v5.1?

Suzanne,

We are in the process of migrating from Frame 3.1 for DG UNIX to Frame 5.1
for windows. Here are a few of our experiences:

o For the most part, moving Frame 3 documents to Frame 5 has not been a
problem. We've even successfully moved Frame 3 docs to Frame 5, then back to
Frame 3.

o All Frame 3 features/functionality is still available in Frame 5, but some
of it is a little difficult to find. For example, they moved some dialogue
box options to different menus.

o Be careful when setting up books. I don't know that they can be imported.
You can check with Adobe Frame support at http://www.frame.com/

o Filename length: Frame 5 does not currently support Windows 95, so if any
of your filenames are longer than the DOS supported 8.3, you're out of luck.
(Big problem for us when moving from UNIX!)

If you have more specific questions, I'd be happy to discuss them off list.
You may also want to address this question to the Frame list (sorry, I don't
know the name/location of that list.)

Ruth T. Glaser
ruthg -at- goretek -dot- com
--
Ruth T. Glaser e-mail: ruthg -at- goretek -dot- com
Goretek Data Systems, Inc. Phone: (612) 639-5043