Re: Sun workstation mouse problems

Subject: Re: Sun workstation mouse problems
From: John Posada <jposada -at- NOTES -dot- CC -dot- BELLCORE -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 1996 15:26:22 -0500

...... You would think they would
keep their own equipment internally compatible. :-).....

Why?

My office has lots of PCs. We've standardized on two manufacturers; Gateway
and Dell.

Does this mean that I should be able to swap any piece of hardware from any
Dell and place it on any Dell and from any Gateway and place it on any
Gateway? Hardware changes and it evolves. I'm glad when something IS
interchangeable but I don't expect it.

John Posada
Technical Writer
Bell Communications Research, Piscataway, NJ
(908) 699-5839 (W)
jposada -at- notes -dot- cc -dot- bellcore -dot- com (W)
I don't speak for my employer and they return the favor