Re: Sun workstation mouse problems

Subject: Re: Sun workstation mouse problems
From: Beverly Parks <bparks -at- HUACHUCA-EMH2 -dot- ARMY -dot- MIL>
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 1996 11:51:35 MST

John Posada <jposada -at- NOTES -dot- CC -dot- BELLCORE -dot- COM> wrote-->

> I eat at my desk...I drink at my desk...I'm not what you would call the neatest
> user that you've ever seen. In all that time, I can honestly say that the ONLY
> clean thing on or near my desk is the mouse ball. When I first read this
> message, the first thing I did was to look at the bottom of my mouse. No gunk,
> no crap, no toe-jam, no nothing. (By the way...its the standard Microsoft
> mouse).

=========
Well, gee, John. I guess I'm just a total slob, then. ;-)

I never actually *saw* a whole lotta gunk, either. The only
visible stuff that I cleaned out occasionally was some fuzz
around the roller bars inside the mouse.

Maybe I just work in a dusty environment (this *is* Arizona), or
maybe it was just a cheap mouse (I think they were Unisys
mice). I experienced other people doing the bang action, too.

I'm not crazy and I'm not a slob. Well..unless you count stacks
of books, printouts, and a mass of little notes with URLs and
such written all over them. ;-)

Beverly Parks -- bparks -at- huachuca-emh2 -dot- army -dot- mil
The opinions expressed are my own.