US-AZ Technical Writer

Subject: US-AZ Technical Writer
From: Karen Forrester <Karen -dot- Forrester -at- SENDERO -dot- FISERV -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 1996 07:41:59 -0700

Sendero is still seeking candidates to fill an added (fourth) technical
writer slot.

I am not just mouthing hype when I say that Sendero is a GREAT place to
work. It's a small, yet international company with a laid-back, family
atmosphere (no dress code). And although small, it can draw upon the
resources of its parent company, Fiserv, if necessary. Sendero is busily
developing several new products. The technical writers in our Product
Assurance department are involved not only in writing on-line Help and user
manuals, but also in designing the user interfaces for these new products
(as members of interdepartmental product committees). With the addition of a
fourth writer, we hope to get into multimedia - both for our on-line Help
and for the CBT modules we'd like to do.

Sendero's corporate offices (and technical writers) are located in
Scottsdale, AZ. When I lived in the Midwest, I used to say there were four
*good* months of weather there. Here in the Valley of the Sun, there are, at
most, four *bad* months. The rest of the year is heaven (if you like being
warm). We may need to stay in air conditioning mid-May to mid-September, but
we're picnicing the rest of the year!

If you are a career technical writer who's interested in a long-term job
(there's a big learning curve given the complexity of our products - and
they have a long life cycle) with a sound company, please send the materials
listed at the bottom of the ad via the postal service or fax machine.
Unfortunately, I must note that relocation expenses have not been approved.

One last note: Please do *not* send applications to me (although I don't
mind answering non-financial type questions). You must go through Human
Resources to be considered. Here's the ad:

TECHNICAL WRITER
Career technical communicator wanted for
software development firm that is leader in
field. April start date. Skills at the forefront of
Windows-based Help and user guides.
Possible multimedia CBT. GUI design, testing.
Proven ability to manage complex technical
writing projects. Four-year degree in Technical
Communication, Journalism, English or related.
Experience in banking, finance or accounting a
plus. Subsidiary of Fiserv, Inc.
(NASDAQ/OTC). Decision support tools for
world financial industry. Large base of domestic
and international clients.

NB: No relocation allowance.

Send cover letter, resume and salary
requirements to: Sendero Corporation, P.O. Box
1861, Scottsdale AZ 85252-1861 (Fax 602/946-8224),
attn: Personnel. EOE/AA

Karen Forrester
Sendero Corporation
karen -dot- forrester -at- sendero -dot- fiserv -dot- com