Re: Illegal postings by unknown authors

Subject: Re: Illegal postings by unknown authors
From: Cynthia Smathers <cynthia -at- MINDSPRING -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 1996 18:33:21 GMT

On Tue, 9 Apr 1996 13:09:01 PDT, Eric Ray wrote:

>>To the administrator of this list.... Is there anything you can do or I can
>do to prevent this type of activity?

>I certainly share your concern--this is a serious problem.

>Yes, there is something that can be done about it. It's
>called message confirmation. It works just about like
>the confirmation process in subscribing:

(snip)

Well, I haven't gotten the INFO REFCARD back from the listserver yet, but I
know that some list software offers the ability to choose whether or not
you want the full headers from the original sender--which would show us who
really sent the messages, or at least where they sent them from. And you
can set an acknowledgement command that sends you a confirmation message
when you post to the list, but doesn't require a response.

Cyn
cynthia -at- mindspring -dot- com
http://www.mindspring.com/~cynthia
If you think you know all the answers, you haven't asked all the questions.

Finger for copyright & commercial email notices.