Re: Message Confirmation?? Sorry, Guy!

Subject: Re: Message Confirmation?? Sorry, Guy!
From: Beverly Parks <bparks -at- HUACHUCA-EMH2 -dot- ARMY -dot- MIL>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 1996 07:23:48 MST

Guy McDonald said:
> Sooooo...... OK, Eric.... backpedaling now to say the idea of a message
> confirmation is *not* cool. The idea of getting rid of impostors is
> "cool", but we would sacrifice many other valuable (and tangible) benefits
> to the list. Toss my name over with the rest of the lynch mob.

Guy, you weasel! I don't think Garret had the confirmation
concept quite right. The only person moderating your posts would
be YOU. Not Eric or anybody else. I think Eric had better
re-explain what he was talking about before everybody bases a
decision on faulty data.

Yes, there would be a slight delay in the postings. And if it
were an across-the-board implementation, I'd be against it, too.
But if it could be done so that each subscriber could choose to
"turn on the confirmation bit" if they wanted to, I think it
would be a GREAT idea.

Beverly Parks -- bparks -at- huachuca-emh2 -dot- army -dot- mil
The opinions expressed are my own.