Faked messages posted to Techwr-L

Subject: Faked messages posted to Techwr-L
From: Bob Morrisette <Robert -dot- Morrisette -at- EBAY -dot- SUN -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 1996 14:49:58 -0700

Shakespeare wrote in Othello:

"Who steals my purse steals trash ..... But he that
filches from me my good name robs me of that which
not enriches him, and makes me poor indeed."

But not to worry. Uncle Sam will save us from the
name stealers. Deborah Runkle of the American Association
for the Advancement of Science in Washington and others
just received a grant to study the "ethical, legal, and
social implications of anonymity and pseudonymity on the
Internet."

I don't think we need verification of posts unless the
problem gets a lot worse.

Bob Morrisette
writer -at- sabu -dot- EBay -dot- sun -dot- com