CHAT: Re: survey on editing

Subject: CHAT: Re: survey on editing
From: David Ibbetson <ibbetson -at- IDIRECT -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 1996 20:14:38 -0400

Matthew Danda writes:

> School does not teach someone how to bend the rules in
>order to keep your job. This art of knowing when to bend rules and when to
>abide by them in order to meet deadlines is the ultimate skill of a good
>tech writer.

School is supposed to teach us to refuse to compromise our integrity, even
if we go hungry as a result.

To learn how to botch a job, so that it can be finished on time and appear
to have been done properly, apply to the nearest slave.

However, "Philosophers charge high prices to teach us that material things
are worthless"

"Men must be taught as if you taught them not,
And things unknown proposed as things forgot." -- Pope
David Ibbetson, 133 Wilton St, #506, Toronto, M5A 4A4
ibbetson -at- idirect -dot- com (416)363-6692 fax (416)363-4987