Re: Writing Portfolios

Subject: Re: Writing Portfolios
From: UC Bobby Collins <ucbcolli -at- SYSTEMA -dot- WESTARK -dot- EDU>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 1996 09:02:34 -0600

> Also, consider a cover page with your name, address, email...etc. This
> way the person perusing your portfolio will have a strong name reference
> to associate with your work. You may want to consider short, reflective
> sketches (maybe one or two paragraphs) about each entry.

I have that in the brochures that I keep in the front pocket. I have
two different brochures, and they have both drawn favorable attention
- as well as a couple of jobs designing brochures for others. One is
a "Me" style; it has my resume on one panel, personel info on
another, education on another, and a panel for addressing my
intentions for the client...it's mostly blank for me to personalize.
The other is a freelance writing brochure which sells my services as
opposed to those of your in-house, overworked, underprepared staff.
Both list my contact points.

Bobby Collins
University of Arkansas at Little Rock
Westark University Center Site, Ft. Smith, Ark.
e-mail:UCBCOLLI -at- systema -dot- westark -dot- edu