TechWhirl (TECHWR-L) is a resource for technical writing and technical communications professionals of all experience levels and in all industries to share their experiences and acquire information.
For two decades, technical communicators have turned to TechWhirl to ask and answer questions about the always-changing world of technical communications, such as tools, skills, career paths, methodologies, and emerging industries. The TechWhirl Archives and magazine, created for, by and about technical writers, offer a wealth of knowledge to everyone with an interest in any aspect of technical communications.
Subject:FW: Seattle: Two writer positions From:Debra Carnegie <deb -at- PRIMUSCORP -dot- COM> Date:Thu, 11 Apr 1996 11:03:00 P
My company, Primus Communications Corporation, currently has two writer
positions open in our Seattle office.
Position #1: Technical Writer
The ideal candidate will have experience with a variety of writing
projects (Installation Guides, User guides + Reference manuals, online
help, training materials, release notes, etc.). Candidate should be a
flexible, independent self-starter; committed to writing high-quality,
accurate documentation in a fast-paced environment; able to extract
information from a variety of sources; able to quickly learn new concepts
and tasks; enthusiastic about working for Primus and helping to build
(and be a part of) a progressive, creative documentation team.
* Documentation development for the Network Products group.
* Online help development for our web product.
* Independent, self-directed professional committed to delivering high
quality software documentation.
* BA/BS in Technical Writing, or related field
* 2-5 years experience writing end-user software documentation.
* Experience in planning, writing, and revising a variety of end-user
materials - user guides, reference manuals, release notes, online help.
* Experience with UNIX, Windows, X-Window system
* Experience with FrameMaker, multimedia authoring tools, a plus
Position #2: Contract technical writer
We are looking for an experienced contract technical writer for
approximately 3 months (May-July 1996). Candidate should be a flexible,
independent self-starter; committed to writing high-quality, accurate
documentation in a fast-paced environment; able to extract information
from a variety of sources; able to quickly learn new concepts and tasks.
Writer should have experience in planning and writing documentation
projects, and in editing their own work and revising, as necessary.
* Document system administration for SolutionBuilder 2.0
* Document installation and configuration of Fulcrum resource integration
* Minimum 3-5 years professional technical writing experience in the
* Experience with UNIX, Windows, X-Window system, and FrameMaker
* Experience with creating basic illustrations and screen captures
necessary. Specific experience with Visio and Fullshot and/or PaintShop
* Basic system administration and resource integration knowledge helpful.
Primus Communications Corporation develops problem-resolution and
knowledge-sharing software. Primus' software helps technology companies
acquire and retain customers by improving the quality of customer support
while reducing costs through the dynamic capture and reuse of product
support solutions. The company is privately held and located in beautiful
downtown Seattle. We offer competitive salary/benefit packages.
If you are interested in either of these positions, mail (email or
snail-mail) or fax your resume to me at:
Primus Communications Corporation
1601 Fifth Avenue, Ste 1900
Seattle, WA 98101
email: deb -at- primuscorp -dot- com
fax: 206/292 1825