Re: WordPerfect and Word

Subject: Re: WordPerfect and Word
From: Bruce Byfield <byfield -at- SFU -dot- CA>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 1996 11:24:21 -0700

Daniel Strychalski <dski -at- CAMEONET -dot- CAMEO -dot- COM -dot- TW wrote:

Mary Howe (thunder -at- idir -dot- net), in her summary of differences
between Word and WordPerfect, wrote (or passed on from someone else) -- >

Formatting (in Word) after the text is all typed in may be more
efficient than formatting on the fly (as you do in WP).

You can format text after typing it all in in WP, too. I've been using this
method for years.

I don't know, but I imagine that the original comment had to do
with the fact that Word's use of styles is much more extensive than
WordPerfect's. In fact, Word's use of styles is the second best that I've
seen in a word processor (the best I've seen is in DeScribe 5.0, an OS/2
word processor whose use of styles is a refinement of Word's).
Even in WordPerfect, however, the first thing I do is set up
styles. That way, I can format as I go (which satisfies my need for
order) and easily change and revise (which satisfies the average working
situation).

--
Bruce Byfield (byfield -at- beaufort -dot- sfu -dot- ca)
Burnaby, B. C. Canada (604) 421-7189